Bacon and Brussel Sprouts…like peanut butter and jelly.
“Everyday I’m brusselin’ “! Why is it every time I cook brussel sprouts I just have to sing that tune? Haha thanks LMFAO for such a catchy tune…although they said “shuffling”…whatever happened to those two anyway? But here in Seattle we also sing “Everyday we’re Russellin’ ” for our beloved Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson.
Anyhoo, back to these awesome bacony (is that a word?) brussel sprouts. Are there people out there that actually eat brussel sprouts without bacon? Give me some names…
- Organic Brussel Sprouts, sliced in half with outer leaves taken off (cleaned up)
- Uncured Bacon
- Coconut oil (only if you don’t get enough bacon grease)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat bacon in sautee pan over medium heat. Don’t cook on high heat and don’t cook it fast. Slow and low is best for bacon.
- Remove bacon when done and add in the brussel sprouts. Sauté until soft. If they soak up all the bacon grease and start burning, add in some coconut oil to get them moving around again.
- Put the bacon strips into a little cuisinart, or whatever food processor you use, and process them into little bits and pieces.
- When brussels are done, add in the bacon bits. Add some salt and pepper if needed.