This has always been one of my favorite salads! The lemon-parmesan dressing has a fresh, zesty flavor! The dressing becomes kind of creamy when you blend it and people won’t even know there’s cheese in there. And because it has the raw lemon juice, it is a great digestive aid for your meal. Remember…we eat to nourish.
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 4 cups (packed) baby arugula
- ½ cup sliced cucumber
- ½ cup mandarin oranges
- handful of walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Blend freshly grated parmesan cheese, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon peel in food processor. Season dressing with salt. Combine arugula, cucumber, oranges, and walnuts in large bowl. Toss with enough dressing to coat.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Yield: 3 ½ cups