I promise you will love this chicken chili! The shredded chicken is sautéed in the smoky spices while the white cannelloni beans add a nice creamy texture! Then throw in the fire roasted tomatoes and you have quite the chili. The whole family will love it. You can freeze left-overs in separate containers so it’s easy to pull out and thaw and reheat one at a time. Healthy and delicious. Enjoy!
Smoky White Bean Chicken Chili
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (or used a cooked whole rotisserie chicken and shred it)
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t onion powder
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t chipotle chile pepper
- 6 C chicken stock
- 2 (28 oz) cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 (4 oz) cans diced green chiles
- 3 (14.5 oz) cans white cannelloni (kidney) beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional avocado cubes for topping
- optional a dollop of sour cream
- In a big pot, add the olive oil and saute the onion and garlic until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Then dd the chicken, smoky paprika, ground cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, and chipotle pepper to the pot and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes covered.
- Stir in the chicken stock, diced tomatoes, white beans, and green chiles. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a slow boil, uncovered, stirring as needed until the liquid has reduced to your level of preference.
- Serve in nice big bowls and add any additional toppings. Enjoy!
This chili will nourish you with vitamin B12, protein and fiber among lots of other nutrients. Enjoy!